esmays blog

my blog is awesome!:)

current events

February10

My current event that I am going to talk to you about is the earthquakes in christchurch. There have been a number of after shocks after the first shock came at 4:35am on september the 4 2010.

Records kept by Geonet show that on the first week there were 749 after shocks and week two was dropped down to 186 then on the third week it was down to 83.

Residents believe that it has been the biggest earthquake since 1931 hawks bay earthquake.

luckily no one died but loads of building got demolished because they were to dangerous for residents to be around. Today there are still after shocks felt several times a day but theres still hope in the wonderful city of christchurch.

by posted under Uncategorized | 5 Comments »    
5 Comments to

“current events”

1. February 16th, 2011 at 3:23 pm       Miss T Says:

Esmay
    A lot of people don’t realise that after a big earthquake, after shocks can go on up to a year afterwards.
    What other effects of the earthquake are the people of Christchurch still experiencing?
    Miss T

2. February 24th, 2011 at 7:41 am       Aquilus Festus Oxifus Says:

Hello, I’m from the U.S.A and my teacher was talking to us about the news about the earthquake and she told us to ask people in New Zealend if you people were okay. So are you New Zealanders okay?

3. February 25th, 2011 at 8:42 pm       esmayr4 Says:

yes we are ok but up to 226 people are still missing and 98 people are now confirmed dead sad isn’t it. We were talking about that in class as well and I found out that a coulple of kids under the age of 2 are dead. Thats really sad and I wouldn’t know what to do if my little sister was hurt in an earthquake because my little sis’ is under 2 and without her my life and myself,I would be completely sad and melancholy. So yes we are mostly ok.

4. February 26th, 2011 at 10:38 am       Aquilus Festus Oxifus Says:

Cool, but very sad about everybody missing or dead. I mean that would be tragic for the family’s that lost children 2yrs and younger.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar